"My wonderful care at Walton Neuro"

About: The Walton Centre

I was admitted urgently in January 2015 to Caton ward following severe back pain and required a lainectomy to remove a malignant tumour from T6 and relieve cord compression. Titanium rods were inserted to support my spine. Throughout my time there the medical team and the nursing and support staff on Caton ward were wonderful. I was transferred elsewhere for a month for treatment then returned to Walton Neurology Rehabilitation Centre at Sid Watkins building where the medical team, nursing staff and support staff were just as wonderful. I was paraplegic following surgery but I am delighted to say I have since learned to walk with the help of physiotherapists at Walton Neuro and therapists who visited my home after discharge. Whilst the experience was very traumatic I couldn't fault the care and support I received and I would like to take the opportunity to thank all those involved in my care and in particular for the kind words of encouragement I received during my time there. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful hospital on Merseyside.

Response from The Walton Centre

Thank you for your review. We always value feedback. It is great to hear you felt well supported during your stay. Your comments will be shared throughout the Trust.