"Accident and emergency"

About: East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance Lincoln County Hospital

I was taken by ambulance to Lincoln County hospital. the paramedics were excellent. assessed my pains as gastro based not heart. initial assessment at hospital provided pain relief, relaxant and anti emetic. bloods were taken urine sample supplied and chest xray arranged. Dr required more bloods as previous blood was spoiled. Asked for urine sample and offered chest xray that had already been done. I concluded that staff don't work together sharing their findings. Dr made diagnosis by exclusion but did not proceed to making a diagnosis. I am being treated for symptoms yet again and last time it was so wrong I nearly lost my life. The people I saw were pleasant and caring but I think they are over worked by process. I don't think the service is joined up never mind seem less. I think that sticking to the NICE guidelines is stifling professional people and costing money as they are not being allowed to get things right.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Molly 25,

I am was very sorry to hear about your experience in the Emergency Department and apologise for this. This is not the standard of care we hope to provide.

If you are able to contact PALS (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) here at the hospital (Tel: 01522 707071) to inform them of your name, I will be able to investigate this further and provide you with a full response.

Mr Ben Loryman,

Consultant in Emergency Medicine

• Molly 25 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Molly 25 (the patient)

I can take this up via PALS. However this will not give me a diagnosis nor change the inefficiency of the processes any more than the last time .sick people are vulnerable and trusting and don't behave in the business manner employed with other matters they deal with. They don't ask the questions that seem to be needed to elicit answers. Surely curiosity and persistence are primary qualities required of a doctor who has a priviledged influence on other human beings

Response from Melanie Wright, Deputy Director of People and Communication, East Midlands Ambulance Service

Dear Molly 25,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear that the paramedics that responded to the call were 'excellent'.

We will include the extracts relating to EMAS from your post in our staff newsletter so colleagues can see the praise shared.

• Molly 25 thinks this response is helpful