"Visit to Grantham A & E"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Accident and emergency Grantham & District Hospital / X-ray and Scans

My surgery could not provide the treatment required and told me to go to A & E. I went early morning when I thought the department might not be too busy. I booked in just after 0730 and was the only person in the waiting area. An hour and a half later I was assessed by triage then sent back to the waiting area. Another hour passed then I saw a doctor who assessed my injury. She sent me to x-ray, then back to the waiting area where I waited and waited and waited. Three and a half hours after arriving, I saw the doctor again then the consultant. He gave me advice. A nursing assistant then came with the equipment needed but it was over-sized and inadequate but the only one available. I left just before 1130 after having made a follow up clinic appointment. I then went home and ordered my own equipment on line.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Snowball 45,

Thank you for taking the time to post this frank and honest feedback, and for bringing these issues to my attention.

To be able to properly investigate why your experience was such a poor one, I will need some more information from you.

If you could please contact our PALS team on 01476 464861, or by e-mail at pals@ulh.nhs.uk, with your name, date of birth and the date you attended A&E, I can review your episode of care and contact you directly with a more detailed explanation.

Please accept my apologies that your visit to Grantham hospital was not as you would have wished. I look forward to speaking with you later.

With regards,