"Supurb treatment in every area"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

After consultation with my doctor, I called for an ambulance to take me to Pilgrim Hospital with a badly infected leg and a general lack of strength. The ambulance arrived in good time and the crew were thorough with their examination and care. Their handover at the A&E was efficient. My initial treatment in A&E was first class and I was fully informed on every step that was taken. I was take to the Acute Medical unit for an overnight stay where my care and treatment continued to be given in an excellent manner. I really must give special praise to the staff nurse on nights who was organised, efficient and determined. The team were confronted with a major incident during the late evening and their calmness assisted in ensuring us other patients were monitored for any problems. On the Tuesday morning I moved to the AEC where I was cared for by another Staff nurse, an excellent, caring and thoughtful nurse who maintained a high standard whilst monitoring and instructing trainee nurses. This nurse is a real asset to Pilgrim Hospital and demonstrates what the NHS is all about. One of the trainee nurses also took a leaf out of their book with their care and compassion. This was my first visit to this part of Pilgrim hospital and put it mildly was very very impressed.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Dave,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback on the care you have received at Pilgrim Hospital. In particular, A&E, AMU and The Ambulatory Care Unit.

As a manager, it is always pleasing to receive positive feedback. Feedback such as yours acts as a great morale booster for the teams and, because the comments are in the public domain, also goes some way towards balancing the somewhat negative portrayal of the NHS often depicted in the media.

I wish you all the best with your recovery and thank you once again for your comments, which I will ensure are shared with the teams on A&E, AMU and AEC.

Many thanks for your kind and positive words.

Lee Greathead