"Great endoscopy service"

About: Queen Margaret Hospital / Endoscopy

On Monday morning I attended this unit to receive an upper GI endoscopy and a colonoscopy. I was extremely nervous and a bit upset when called from the waiting room. Immediately the nurse in charge assured me my husband could be with me as long as possible. This was the start of the first class treatment I received from her and every other member of staff I had dealings with. I was made to feel at ease during completing paperwork, getting ready and waiting to be taken, during the two procedures and finally into recovery. I could not fault the treatment I was given in this unit. The unit was spotless and welcoming and made my first visit far less of a worry and ordeal than I had expected. Well done and thank you.

Response from Arlene Saunderson, Head of Nursing, Planned care, Planned Care, NHS Fife

Thank you so much for sharing your story, it sounds as if you were very brave and its good to hear that the endoscopy supported you well during your time in our unit and throughout all the different stages. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs in relation to your husband giving you support during this difficult time as well. thank you again, the staff will be very pleased to read your post.

• scaredy cat thinks this response is helpful