"Responding to text"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

I attended with my daughter on Sunday lunchtime - the department was extremely busy. However, all the staff including the receptionist, nurses and doctor were brilliant, they apologised for the wait and explained everything to both myself and my daughter.

The only downside is the text received from the department a day later asking to respond - unfortunately, I, like many others I know have a capped contract and therefore have been unable to respond by text.

Response from Chris Sharman, Patient Experience Support Officer, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Della,

Thank you for your comments, which I will be pleased to share with the team on A&E. I am sure they will very much appreciate them.

I am sorry that you have been unable to give your Friends and Family Test (FFT) feedback via text. Unfortunately we are not allowed to use the feedback you have given on the Patient Opinion website for this purpose.

If you would be prepared to e-mail me at Christopher.sharman@ulh.nhs.uk with your name and address, I can arrange to send a paper copy of the feedback form to you to complete and return to us.

This will then ensure your feedback is properly recorded in our Friends & Family Test score,

With best regards,

Chris Sharman,

Patient Experience Support Officer,

United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

• DellaB thinks this response is helpful

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear DellaB,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to A&E. It is always a pleasure to share these with the team.

Regards