"My late husband"

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust

My Dearest Husband had day surgery at the PRH earlier this month. From this he contracted Staph Aureus developing sepsis (Infection of the blood) and died in the RSH.

We encountered brilliant medical staff along the way including DR Roddy in MAU whose care and professionalism were outstanding. There were many caring nurses, but some, especially at night were afraid to give the additional pain relief as required even though this had been written up in my husband's medical notes. of the three days of palliative care only the last produced completely pain free condition. This does need to be reviewed.

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I am sorry to hear of your husband's passing, please accept our condolences. I believe, looking at the detail of your comments, that you are already in touch with our PALS and Bereavement Service to discuss your concerns and that these are being addressed. If this is not the case, or if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PALS office at the Royal Shrewsbury.

Kind Regards