"trauma and orthopaedics appointment"

About: Manor Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

My wife had an appointment at Walsall Manor hospital.

The consultant was not friendly, no apology for being late, no introduction, no apparent interest in my wife whatsoever, just wanted to see the existing inserts in her shoes so that he could issue exactly the same, even though these inserts were years old, I felt like they wanted us out of their office as soon as possible. At this point, I intervened and asked them to at the very, least look at my Wife's right foot which was extremely painful, they looked! !

I wonder, what about a proper consultancy, what about a proper investigation, what about an X-ray, what if these inserts are not right for my Wife's feet, it seems none of this was considered by this consultant.

Very disappointed.

Response from Manor Hospital

Thank you for your comment and I am sorry for your poor experience. Please contact the Patient Relations Team on 01922 656463 so we can look into this matter further.

• dbob thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by dbob (a relative)

I had a very good, very positive response from Walsall Manor Hospital Patients relations Team, they have taken specific details of this incident and it has been properly logged.

Thank you Patient Opinion and thank you Patients relations Team