"Midwives are angels at Ormskirk maternity ward."

About: Ormskirk & District General Hospital

I recently gave birth to my first baby at ormskirk hospital.

I had a very long & stressful labour which resulted in me needing a blood transfusion & my baby boy being sent to intensive care. We were in hospital for a week in total while we were both given antibiotics & my son was given lots of tests to make sure everything was ok. This was a horribly stressful & upsetting time for me & my partner but the silver lining was the absolutely amazing midwives that were looking after us all week. They were caring, compassionate, reassuring & understanding when i would burst into tears at any given moment. I would particularly like to sing the praises of two midwifes for delivering my baby & putting up with me during my hard labour...im sure i wasn't easy to be around at that time! other midwives helped me get through a really stressful time & i don't know how i would have done it without them. Amazing people doing an amazing job & i want to thank them from the bottom of my heart.

Response from Ormskirk & District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge care given to you and your baby by the staff on the Maternity Ward .

I know that it will be appreciated by them.