"I am left without the support I need"

About: Community Healthcare Services, St Mary's Hospital

Despite regular problems with Mental Health - I was discharged from my support worker and care co-ordinator. I was ignored when I tried to get referred back to them through my G. P. for several months. Even worse, I find that they do not publish current contact details for my local Mental Health team base in Ryde, leaving details of Swanmore House as current despite its permanent closure.

I am in constant physical pain caused by a combined ankle injury and tendonitis. Despite repeated attempts to get my condition treated seriously I am left without the support I need.

Response from Vanessa Flower, Patient Experience Lead, Isle of Wight NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Zygon1975

I was sorry to read your comment which I have shared with our Operations Manager who has asked that I advise that you can contact the North East Locality Team via 01983 822099 extension 2402, they are based in St Mary's Hospital but do not see patients on site, but do see patients at Ryde Health and Wellbeing Centre.

Unfortunately there are no walk in facilities there as staff are not always on the premises by, if you have been discharged you will need to see your GP to refer you back and they can do a referral via the Single Point of Access team,

Thank you for pointing out that the Swanmore number is still down as contact and we will ensure that that is taken off the website.

I hope this helps and that your GP can refer you to ensure you get the support you require.

Response from Vanessa Flower, Patient Experience Lead, Isle of Wight NHS Trust We have made a change

Dear Zygon

Further to your comment, the Mental Health Team have worked with our Communications Team to ensure the website has been updated to correctly reflect the services and their contact details.