"Appalling"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

Staff are rude and dont understand people as individuals the food on ward is revolting yet the paid cafe is of high standard not happy at all

I was really sorry to read your feedback about staff and the food on the ward. It is not acceptable for staff to be rude and we aim to provide services that are individual. It is disappointing to hear about your experience. I have contacted Adele Bryan, our General Manager in Adult Mental Health Services. She has written a reply and I will be sharing this with you soon. I have also contacted the head of facilities who manages the catering and as he is not back until next week I will post their replies together.

We want to listen to what you say and your reasons for leaving this feedback. There will be an opportunity to contact the service if you feel you want to when I post the second reply.

We know feedback helps us to improve services.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Best Wishes

Jane

Response from Andrea Worrall, Acute Manager City & South, Adult Mental Health, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear anonymous, really sorry to hear your feedback about the staff and food.

If you would like to meet with us to discuss we would be happy to do so. It is not acceptable for staff to be rude and we do aim to provide services that enhance your inpatient stay.

Thanks

Andrea

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thanks for the feedback and I’m sorry that you didn’t enjoy the food. We’re very keen to ensure that the food is of a high a standard as possible and regularly review food production through to service in an effort to achieve this. We would be very eager to understand more details to investigate more fully to prevent this reoccurring, so if you meet with Andrea please let her know the details of the meal and why it was so bad. Many thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Kind Regards