"Professional & Courteous Service."

About: Lister Hospital

I took my wife to A & E Department on Saturday 23rd at 12.45pm. She had been suffering from IBS type of symptoms for about four weeks and is awaiting an ultrasound scan. On the said morning her symptoms were unbearable and we had no option but to enlist the help of A & E department of Lister Hospital. On admission her BP was quickly checked and a blood sample taken for analysis. She was seen by a doctor within an hour and further tests (BP and ECG) were conducted on her. In the sub waiting room a nurse kept us informed on the progress of her conditions/tests reports. A newly qualified nurse also attended to my wife's needs. I have to praise their professionalism, mannerism and very commendable oral communication skills for a newly qualified nurse. Thank you. Luckily nothing untoward was found and my wife was discharged after about three and half hours.

Response from Lister Hospital

It was good to hear that you felt your wife was so well looked after her visit to the Lister's emergency department at the weekend. No doubt this was a worrying time for you both, so our staff in the unit will be so pleased to read how highly you rated their care.

With regard to your wife's ultrasound scan - assuming that this is happening in one of our hospitals, why not email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net and we can check the details of where the appointment booking process is up to if you haven't been given a date already?