"Exemplary standard of care"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I was recently an in patient in The Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley, part of NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, and had a Total Hip Replacement.

I would like to pass on my thanks for the exemplary standard of care and treatment I received. I could not have asked for any more from hard pressed staff who frequently went"the extra mile" to alleviate my discomfort and to reassure my wife. My thanks also to my consultant who made it all seem so simple.

Response from Marie Farrell, Sector Director - Clyde, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Hello JPL

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this feedback with us here at the RAH.It is so reassuring to know that you feel your care was great and that the team supported both yourself and your wife at what must have been a worrying time. Our teams work hard to do the best for out patients and I will share your kind comments with the ward. They will be delighted with your feedback.

Take Care

Update posted by JPL (the patient)

Thanks Marie,I would be grateful if you would pass on my thanks to your colleagues in Ward 21.

Having worked for Trust,Board,CHCPs for many years I've always felt that people are quick to criticise but not so quick to give credit.

Thanks again