"Complete chaos"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I was referred by my GP several months ago. Not having heard anything I revisited my GP to enquire. The doctor told me that

I had not attended the appointment. I told the doctor I had not received one. The doctor confirmed that my details were correct and re-referred me. Nothing. I rang several times and each time, including clinic times, I hit an answering machine. No human contact. I persevered, leaving repeated messages with my phone number, hospital number etc. Nothing. Not even a courtesy call. A total waste of time. I am not impressed. This is the worse treatment I have experienced with the NHS. You can't even talk to these people and they are apparently not interested in you.

Response from Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I am so sorry to learn about all the frustration you have been experiencing.

Please will you contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) as they will take this forward for you.

You can either telephone them on 01227 783145 or 01227 864314 or email at ekh-tr.PALS@NHS.net .

If you get the answerphone when you telephone, please do leave a message - they will be busy taking other calls, but absolutely commit to ringing you back.