"Amazing"

About: Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

I arrived Saturday morning and was taken straight to emergency room with appendicitis.  I was seen bloods taken ect and on sau within an hour. I was given ultrasound and ct scan I was operated on on Sunday and home Monday. Amazing, from domestic to hca nurses doctors and theater staff.

Response from Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

Dear Ssile,

What a wonderful review- it sounds as though you’ve had a great experience with us.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with all of the teams involved in treating you at The Northumbria hospital. Thanks for making this possible.

All the best for a speedy recovery,

Annie

Annie Laverty – Director of Patient Experience

Update posted by Ssile (the patient)

Thanks for your response I'd like to give a special Mention to a hca on sau at NSECH I think her name was Becca? ( I hope that's right) she was at work when I was in she was amazing and caring and spent time to talk to me and keep me calm. Credit to the NHS thank you.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Hi Ssile,

Many thanks for passing this on. It really does mean everything to our staff to be mentioned in this way and connected with excellence.

I will hunt Becca out and make sure that she knows what a special contribution she made to your care.

This is the real privedge that we have in healthcare I believe: to have the opportunity to make a real difference to someone, at important moments in their lives. How lovely for Becca to know that's exactly what she did for you - thank you! I'm sure she'll be chuffed.

Hope things are going well at home - take good care of you,

Annie