"Discharge team"

About: Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

I cannot fault the care my husband has received but the discharge department have been so unhelpful they have promised me so much and nothing has been forth coming. My husband has been placed into a care home which I cannot go and see my husband at weekends or in the afternoon as there are no buses to this care home. I was promised that they would put in place help for me to get there but I have been told that this is not going to happen so if I do not leave the care home by the latest 1 pm weekend days I cannot get home. The care home is not in a nice area which I have found is not safe for me to even walk to the end of the road. The attitude of the discharge team is well lump or like it that is all we are going to offer your husband. I am disappointed and discussed with the attitude of your discharge team.

Response from Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your post and we are sorry to hear of the problems you have encountered with the discharge process for your Husband.

Please be assured that your feedback will be dealt with as a Complaint and investigated fully with the team.

Patient Involvement Team