"Rude receptionists, phone rings forever,..."

About: The Eastman Dental Hospital

It is near impossible to get through to any department in the Eastman Dental Hospital as the phone rings and rings and when someone does pick it up they are quite rude. The people on the switchboard sound bored and are uncaring. The receptionists on the front desk can be just as bad, they are clearly not happy in their job.

The dentist can be a little rude and insensitive too. I was ill and needed to cancel my appoinment under the 24 hours recommendation given. They chastise you as if you are a child. We are human beings and we get sick and sometimes have emergencies with our children or other relatives that cannot be helped.

The dentist can be a bit rough and heavy handed throughout the procedure. Some of the staff in the xray department are rude and abrupt. I think all round the customer service could be improved.

Response from The Eastman Dental Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience of Outpatient Services at Eastman Dental Hospital, UCLH. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3447 3042 so that we can look into this.