"Lincoln County Hospital - Clinic 6 - ENT"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

I attended the clinic on my own on the hottest day of the year so far. The clinic was airless, and I was perspiring to the extent that the back of my hands were wet. I wanted/needed some water, but there was none in the clinic, and reception was unattended, so there was no-one to inform so I could go elsewhere to find any.

The appointment was excellent with everything being explained thoroughly and clearly.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mrs-B,

We are really sorry the department was unbearably hot and so uncomfortable; some of our clinical areas are now quite dated and we can feel this in extremes of weather; we can also appreciate the worry about leaving the department and maybe missing your appointment.

There is a water fountain in the main outpatient area and any member of staff or a volunteer or someone at the main reception desk could have directed you to this; we will however ensure that this is better signposted.

Unfortunately we do not always have a receptionist on the desk; but please do not hesitate, however, to seek a member of staff or one of our volunteers if you need anything, or need to pop to the loo or for a drink – staff would usually wonder if that was the case when they call for someone and no one responds, so will usually wait a while before calling again.

It was good however to hear that the appointment went well; thank you for your feedback which has been shared with the team.

With regards,

Jennie Negus

Deputy Chief Nurse

• Mrs-B thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Mrs-B (the patient)

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my comments, and providing me with helpful information should I have another appointment with you. It is much appreciated.