"surrounded by staff who listen & understood"

About: Glasgow Homeopathic Hospital

As a person with M. E, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, & Fibromyalgia I find myself lucky to have access to such a ward, especially as I live in North Lanarkshire where referrals are no longer being made from this area due to a previous decision to only refer now from Glasgow.

I have been in the ward three times in the past 4 years (a week at a time) and each time has been very helpful.

My illness has no real treatment or cure. We need to learn to manage our symptoms & spending time in the ward has helped me dramatically with this.

Especially as I was surrounded by staff who listen & understood the challenges of living with a chronic illness and how it affects everything in your life.

As someone who has to pace their energy levels, simply coming back and forth to the hospital to attend the classes offered to us during the week in the ward would have been very difficult so being able to stay on the ward was fantastic!

People with my illness have very little in terms of specialist help. This is an amazing rare service!

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear greeneyedlad

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion about your recent experience of care in the Glasgow Homeopathic Hospital.

I will make sure that your feedback is passed on to the service, It will be shared with the staff who will appreciate you taking the time to post positive feedback.

Best wishes

• greeneyedlad thinks this response is helpful