"Pilgrim Ophalmology - you were brilliant!"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Ophthalmology

Appointment was early morning with Mr Gupta at Pilgrim Hospital for right eye op (had left one done 8 yrs ago by the same wonderful surgeon). 9 of us were due for same that morning. All staff were absolutely brilliant, and we had all had our ops by mid morning and were made to feel both welcome and at ease. Amazing service from an obviously dedicated and motivated team. If there were one slight hiccup, it was the length of time it took for our medication (eye drops) to come from pharmacy, this took longer than all the medical procedures (over 2hrs in my case) and many were still waiting when I left. But, as I said, it was overall an amazingly efficient and. in the circumstances, pleasing experience, the ambiance produced by all of the staff, left 9 plus strangers a united cheerful group. My congratulations Pilgrim Ophalmology and thank you to all the highly dedicated staff, you were brilliant!

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Rob86,

Thank you very much for your wonderful encouragement. It is nice to know that we were able to help you.

Danielle Moore

Sister, Ophthalmology

Royle Eye Department, Pilgrim Hospital

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Rob86,

Many thanks for taking the time and effort to provide us feedback about our service. It is nice to know that you were pleased with the high quality of care and patient experience we provide in the Ophthalmology service at Pilgrim.

We try and do our best to ensure that patients get a good experience in the hospital as having a hospital visit is a stressful time both for the patient and the family.

We are sorry about the delay it took to get the post operative medication for you. We will look into our processes to see how we can reduce this delay for patients to help improve their experience.

Regards,

Mr. Mohit Gupta FRCS, FRCOphth

Consultant Ophthalmologist

• rob86 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by rob86 (the patient)

Had my post op assessment at Royle Ophalmology recently. I arrived 25 minutes early for my appointment and sat down expecting a long wait. 2 MINUTES later a nurse called my name and I had completed my appointment and was back at home shortly after. Staff (including reception) were absolutely wonderful, efficient yet friendly, prompt but comforting. Brilliant job girls, and to top it all my right eye cataract op had turned out perfect, great job AGAIN!