"Perfunctory 12 week scan"

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

The 12 week scan is a big deal in a pregnancy so I was disappointed that our radiologist didn't summon up much enthusiasm or excitement for us. My partner asked questions and the radiologist said "Just let me do my job" and didn't come back to answer his questions when they had finished the measurements. I'm hoping we don't get the same radiologist for our 20 week scan. The letter we received said it would £3 for scan pics - they charged us a fiver and we only got 2.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

We're really sorry that you feel let down for what should have been a very exciting moment for you both.

We would really be grateful if you could email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net as we know that our senior maternity team colleagues, to whom we have sent your comments on to already, would be keen to talk with you to understand more about what happened and put steps in place to make sure that these important matters are addressed. And if you have been overcharged, then they can sort that out too. We do hope that you get in touch.