"Rude Doctor."

About: Grantham & District Hospital

I visited Grantham hospitals General surgery department on 20th July 2016,it was a hot day and fans were on to try to keep the place cool,but what I also noticed is how the breeze blew dust about the floor which really shouldn't have been there.The waiting room could do with having a clean up and abit of paint here and there to make it look abit fresher also with no air conditioning it was a hot and stuffy place to wait.The Doctor I saw about my hernia was rude and very blunt and to the point,i would even go as far as saying they were abit aggressive with their attitude towards me,they said things I wouldn't expect to hear from a Doctors mouth,i wouldn't want to see them again.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your frank and forthright feedback following your recent visit to Grantham hospital.

It is very disappointing to read that you received such a poor impression of both the hospital and the staff who dealt with your episode of care, for which I can only apologise.

To be able to give you a full response to the comments you have raised, and to also bring them to the attention of the staff member who you saw, I will need a few more details from you.

If you would be prepared to contact our PALS team at Grantham hospital on 01476 464861, or via e-mail to pals@ulh.nhs.uk, with your name, date of birth and, if you have it, your NHS number, the team will arrange to pass your comments on for a full response.

Thank you once again for your comments.

With regards,