"Thank you for helping me safely bring my daughter to this life"

About: Aberdeen Maternity Hospital / Obstetrics (Maternity care)

I am aware of the bad press that NHS gets sometimes but my experience was so overwhelming and brilliant that I thought it is important for you to know and to be acknowledged.

I was admitted the morning of the 24th and after 12 hours of labour I had a Cesarean Section since my baby was dropping her heart beat.

Thanks for helping me to safely bring my daughter to this life. I felt supported and encouraged all the time with amazing professionals, talented and very kind, positive attitude and caring staff from the Midwife unit, Labour Ward, nurse anesthetists and Postnatal Ward.

Special thanks to Julie and her amazing and professional work and support. She was like a sister to me.

There was also another lady who was an anaesthetist with me at the theatre who was really encouraging and trying to remove my fear and shakes..( I was so high in everything I do not remember her name) I'm not sure if she said she's from Abu Dhabi or Dubai. I hope you know who she is.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Silvers

Congratulations on the birth of your wee girl!

The staff will be delighted to hear what a difference their care made to your experience. I am sure Julie, in particular, will be very touched by your description of her care.

Other expectant mums reading this will be reassured by your story of professional, talented, kind and supportive staff. Anyone would naturally feel frightened in the circumstances you describe but our staff clearly have the skills to help mums through these difficult situation.

Many thanks for taking time out to post your feedback on Patient Opinion and good luck with your little one.

Kind regards,

• Silvers thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Silvers (the patient)

Thanks for your kind words..just one thing is not Aboyne but Aberdeen Maternity.

Best wishes.

Response from Gina Alexander, Director, Patient Opinion Scotland, Patient Opinion

Dear Silvers

Thanks for letting us know that! We've changed things now so that your story is about Aberbeen, Maternity. Hope that's ok and that you are having a magical time with your new baby daughter.

All the best