"My life is in limbo"

About: Heartlands Hospital / General surgery

I have stage 3 aggressive bladder cancer and was suppose to have an operation.  It was cancelled on the day because there wasn't an HDU bed for me even tho it has been booked since March 2016. I have received chemotherapy between those times and now my life is in limbo and I do not have another date for my operation as yet. The surgeon who cancelled said his next available appointment is in 4 weeks time which I thinks disgraceful as my cancer is aggressive and will spread within that time of waiting and is life threatening for me. Pleas help.

Dear feelingletdown

thank you for your post. I appreciate how frustrated and frightened you must feel regarding your operation being delayed due to a stage 3 aggressive bladder cancer. I am sorry that this has happened and would very much like to investigate this in more detail.

Can I please ask you to contact a member of the Patient Services Team at your convenience, so that we can obtain some more information to enable us to identify you on the hospital system? We can be contacted on 0121 424 0808 or by email:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Marie Helebert