"Uncontactable Orthopaedics department"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I have been calling the Orthopaedics department for days as I have a post-operative infection in my partial knee surgery and cannot get hold of anyone in the department. The extension number I was given does not work, the "mailbox is apparently full" so I cannot leave a message and I am really struggling to find out what I can do or speak to my surgeon / his secretary. My local GP's are not invested in my case and are just prescribing broad spectrum antibiotics which are not working. Please supply me with the correct contact details for this department - this is very worrying and I am extremely stressed.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

I am so sorry that you are experiencing such frustrations and I am sorry to learn about your post-operative infection.

Please will you ring the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) as soon as possible on 01227 864314 or 01227 783145 and they can take this forward for you.

You may well get our answerphone, but we can absolutely assure you that if you leave a message, we will get back to you.