"A & E, Ward 7, Ward 3 and Ultrasound"

About: Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

I would like to thank all the staff in the above departments.My eighteen year old daughter stayed for week with Sepsis. Every person we came across was very caring and positive, even at times when she was not improving. I would especially like to thank the two members of staff in ultrasound who did everything to make her more comfortable, and the gynecologist who stayed with her after removing a very painful drain. Also to Ward 7 for letting us stay and visit outside normal hours,and Ward 3 for being very chilled and relaxed!.There is only one negative, that is the waiting area in A&E after the main area was too hot and too small for the number of people that day.

Response from Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

Dear Debs,

Please send my best wishes to your daughter, I hope she’s now doing a lot better? It’s fantastic to know that all of our various teams were of such support and provided excellent care for your daughter when she needed it the most. I will make sure that your wonderful feedback reaches all of the staff involved in your daughters care.

Thank you for letting us know about the temperature issues in A&E, I will pass this to our Estates and Facilities team to see what we can do to improve this.

All the best to you and your daughter,

Annie Laverty – Director of Patient Experience