"very disapointed"

I called before i arrived, just to be sure i was going to the right place.When i got there, i took a ticket.

waited... then saw a nurse, went back outside, then back in again to be told i need to see a doctor... But one was not available... i was told to see my GP.. i cant get an appointment until next Monday... i called A&E who told me to go to To Sevenoaks, which I did...Now i am in pain and will have to go to A&E and wait.........Very disappointed in the way in which my condition was dealt with.......

Response from Sevenoaks Hospital

Hello

We are sorry you were not happy with your recent experience of Sevenoaks Minor Injury Unit.

To give you some background patients take a ticket on arrival to ensure they are booked in in the same order as they arrive They are booked in by a receptionist not a nurse. If they book in with a condition that cannot be treated by MIU, a nurse will then do an initial assessment to ensure they are re-directed to the most appropriate person. It appears the most appropriate person in this case was your own GP.

We do not have doctors in the MIU as it is a nurse led service. A&E at Tunbridge Wells has a list of symptoms we treat and those we don’t.

Apologies again for any confusion caused on this occasion.

Best wishes