"Aberdeen Royal A and E Experience"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Emergency Medicine

I had a fall in which I hurt my ankle. I just have to say that the care I was given in A&E was very good. Once I had been seen by the assesment nurse my treatment and progress through A&E was very well managed, quick and in a kind and professional manner. A nurse was with me most of the time during the I was in A&E and she explained everything that was going on. My injury was bad enough to require surgery and my transfer to the ward 212 and subsequent surgery was done as quickly as possible. The staff on the ward were kind and respectful. On the ward I was on there was a very poorly old lady and she was well looked after with respect and care. All in all I cant fault the staff.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Patient,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on Patient Opinion. Your short story perfectly describes the type of experience we would like all our patients to have. When you are admitted as an emergency you have no idea what to expect or what will happen and of course you did not plan to spend time in hospital!

Speedy care, kindness and professionalism, support and comfort, all delivered in a respectful manner is high praise indeed, but no less than we aspire to.

The staff in the Emergency Department and in the Orthopaedic Ward will be very grateful to you for your kind words and for your expression of faultlessness.

I hope your ankle is on the mend!

Kind regards,