"Cardiology outpatient appointments"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

My visits to the Cardiology Department over the last two years have always been of the very highest standard. I could not fault the standard of care provided by all staff. Thank you !!

My only concern is the frequency of appointment cancellations - my latest appointment, for example, has today been cancelled and rescheduled for the third time. When a Cardiologist tells you they need to see you again in six months, it is very worrying disconcerting to have your appointment delayed and delayed by a month at a time beyond that. I do think there should be some kind of limit on the number of cancelled appointments that can be inflicted on one patient. I was told by staff in the Appointments Centre that the delays I am experiencing could go on indefinitely.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

The specialty is experiencing capacity problems currently, which means that patients are waiting longer than we would like. The staf are working with the consultants to ensure that patients are seen according to their clinical priority and apologise for any delays.