"I’d had a heart attack"

About: Rotherham Hospital / Cardiology

I was first sent to B1 admission/assessment ward at Rotherham. I arrived at 9, and didn’t leave that ward until midnight – I was there for far too long really, as it was noisy, light and not comfortable. However, the care was fantastic. When I was transferred to the Cardiac Care Unit, they the staff said I shouldn’t have had to wait so long – but they were marvellous to me – I have the highest regard for them.

I was told that I’d had a heart attack, and then had an angiogram – however, after this the consultant came to see me. The consultant was extremely rude and very impersonal. He told me the outcome of the angiogram and my prognosis, but stood behind me while he did so! He only spoke briefly to me, without looking at me or talking to my face – despite telling me that I needed an operation. All I got was a leaflet explaining what might happen – but nobody spoke to me about it properly. It was awful!

The staff were lovely, but seemed scared of the consultant. This experience let down the otherwise great care I had at Rotherham.

Response from Angela Eyre

Thank you for sharing your experience on patient opinion, we have sent through your comments and concerns to the relevant services involved. Once we have received a response we will ensure that we let you know the outcome.