"Nurses with that's not my patient attitude."

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital

My dad was admitted last week in assessment unit 4. On Sunday 17 July I arrived at 1.30 and left at 6.30. During that time my dad needed a commode. We pressed the button and no one came. My dad asked me to get someone quickly as he was desperate. The nurse was standing there and said, "tell his nurse I have my own patients." The nurse continued to type on the computer. The doctor arrived and I said that my dad needs a commode and no one can be bothered. They got defensive too. Finally my dad was seen to my his lovely nurses who were busy with another patient. If your designated nurses are busy and your dad needs a poo, I think the doctor and the other nurse should have been more proactive. Otherwise someone would have had to clean soiled bedsheets and it wouldn't have been the nurse.

On behalf of Mohammad and 86 year old who deserves better care.

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

We are very concerned to hear that your experience has been an unpleasant one. Please be assured that we will investigate this matter as much as we can from the information given.

We would encourage you to contact our Patient Affairs Office directly on 01582 497 002, or email complaints.officer@ldh.nhs.uk if you would like us to address any of your concerns further.