"Excellent care"

About: Sussex Eye Hospital

I presented in A&E with a suspected retinal detachment. From the start I was given clear information. I was told the likely wait time. The triage nurse was excellent and the doctor very clear. Once diagnosed I was sent rapidly to the ward who were expecting me. From then on I was treated with the utmost care and respect by all. Everyone was friendly and keen to keep me updated and ask if I was OK. This went on through the pre-op procedure and the operation itself. When I came back I was immediately offered a cup of tea and a sandwich. This may sound rather a small thing but it is these human touches that make all the difference. Like many of us, I have seen good and bad over the years and I know how easy it is for technical care and efficiency to push out basic care and decency. Here the balance of both is really impressive. This ward is the best run that I have experienced and is a credit to all involved.

Response from Sussex Eye Hospital

Dear Geoff

I am sorry for the delay in this response, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments regarding your experience at our hospital.

We have shared your email with the department. Such positive praise is always well received and much appreciated.

With kind regards and best wishes to you

Hannah Pacifico