"Trying to telephone Urology"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Urology

I received a letter asking me to confirm if I still wanted an appointment and to call within a 2 week period Mon-Thurs between 9-12. Despite making scores of calls during this period, I have been unable to make contact with the department by phone. The two lines are either engaged or ring out. I have written to the department, having the letter signed for on arrival, anxious to ensure they know I wish to be given an appointment. In turn I have been sent another letter warning me I will be removed from the waiting list if I do not call in within the given times.

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear seb40

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. I am sorry to read that despite following the guidance that you have been given, you were unable to get through to Urology department. I understand this would have been frustrating and then to receive a follow up letter, again asking you to call and if you did not call then you would be removed from the waiting list.

I would like to provide you with answers to the issues that you have raised here. So that I can look into this further for you, would you be able to send some personal details to Lisa.Ramsay@ggc.scot.nhs.uk. I will share your feedback with the Urology service.

Best wishes