"Excellent care and treatment for my son"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

My son experienced a head injury and was in shock from the amount of blood loss. I brought him to the A&E department at Wishaw General and cannot thank them enough for their care and attention to him. His wound was cleaned and the Dr Jessica explained what she was going to do and gave him a thorough examination. All staff in the department were very nice and put him at ease during his attendance.

I could see that the department was very busy but this did not distract them from the care and attention they gave. Thank you to all the staff who were on last night.

Response from Marion Mark, Director of Hospital Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Faix66

I am sorry to hear that your son sustained a head injury it must have been a frightening experience for him.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the care and attention he received in the department and that he was put at ease during his examination particularly Dr Jessica.

Please be assure I will pass on your comments to the staff who were indeed busy last night.

I hope your son is well.

Best Wishes