"Peaceful end"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

My mum passed away 5th September 2015 in the accident and emergency department following a collapse at home.

Thank you to the ambulance service for the fast response and initial care. The support and compassionate care received that day from all the nursing staff in particular Fiona and Sinead, and the medical staff is appreciated. We as a family were given the support and guidance to make the best decision for Mum and a peaceful environment to spend the last hours with her.

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear immediate family,

I am sorry to hear of your Mums passing and I would like to offer condolences to you and the family.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience of the ED on the patient opinion. The staff will be delighted to hear that the care they provided was of comfort to you and that you felt the care was compassionate and supportive.

I will ensure the Nurses you have named are informed of this feed back.

Once again may thanks for your kind words.

Best wishes

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear immediate family

I was so sorry to hear about the sad loss of your mum and would also like to offer my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Thank you for your kind words about the care provided by the ambulance staff who cared for your mum and I was also heartened to read about the compassionate care received by the staff at Wishaw General Hospital. I know from experience what a difficult time this can be for the relatives of a loved one and I am just so glad that you were able to spend those last hours with your mum.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Take care