"They changed my life and probably saved me!!!"

I had been very unwell since I was 17 and the NHS couldn't find the reason I was having kidney infections over and over, I was even told by one doctor that it was all in my head!! I saw two consultants during 2011, the first did an investigative rigid cystoscopy and instantly found that I had a collection of stones and a pocket of puss filled e-Coli which was poisoning my entire body, I was then referred to a consultant who removed the top half of my left kidney and I couldn't thank them enough, they changed my life and more importantly they all listened to me, during my follow up CT scan after my operation they even discovered another problem in a different area altogether, showing me they look at your entire body not just the affected area. I spent 18 years of my life very unwell and it's thanks to the Benenden and all the staff, they gave me my quality of life back!! Unfortunately I now have some heart issues and thankfully I am back in the hands of the Benenden again this month/year but I am confident they will be able to help me again.

Response from Benenden Hospital

Thank you very much for your feedback which we will pass on to the relevant departments.

We wish you well in your ongoing treatment.