"Day staff were despicable"

About: North Manchester General Hospital

I stayed in ward C4. The night I arrived the staff on duty were above and beyond my expectations. The following morning the day staff arrived.

Everything change.

The nurse I had barley spoke to me.

This nurse was aggressive in the way they administered my medication. It was degrading and disrespectful. The staff on duty were fighting amongst themselves and we're ridiculously petty. That evening the night staff arrived and again could not have enough praise for them.

The following day.

The same day team arrived.

The same degradation and disregard from the day before continuing. When I was discharged they didn't even explain what was happening next. They filled in my discharge form inaccurately. When I pointed this out they ignored me. I left the hospital feeling humiliated and degraded. It was a shame. Because the night staff were incredibly good. The day staff were a sham!

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

I apologise for your poor experience whilst on Ward C4 at NMGH especially in relation to the poor attitude of staff on the day shifts. The Ward manager has reviewed your concerns and if you wish to contact her to discuss further she is available on 0161-720-4780 she is called Susan Weir