"Utter Chaos"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

I can only echo an earlier review calling the Optometry section an outright shambles. I arrived early for a 2.15 appointment which had been moved forward from 4.00 a couple of days earlier. After a quick trip to the eye casualty for photos, I was back at the Balmoral clinic for about 2.00. I had my quick eye chart test 50 mins later and then waited. And waited. Another hour later, the healthcare assistant realised I was looking increasingly fed up and twigged that I should have been seen by that point. Evidently I had gone back into the 4.00 pile of records. I then saw a thoroughly unsympathetic consultant who didn't grasp that the stress of waiting for news on my condition for an unnecessarily lengthy period has upset me. They had no records of a previous visit to Loughborough hospital and couldn't answer my questions about this. We have these things called computers where I work; perhaps the NHS could look into this!

I have had to visit a number of different depts at the 3 Leicester hospitals in the past few years and without a doubt this is the worst I have encountered. My heartfelt thanks go to the loved ones of the individual who donated the TV for the waiting room. You may have saved my sanity.

Response from University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I am really disappointed and sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the Ophthalmology department at the Royal Infirmary.

I would like to look into your complaint further so if you are happy for me to do so, please email myself: Clare Rose on clare.rose@uhl-tr.nhs.uk with your name, address, date of birth and hospital number and I can look into this further.

Kind regards,