"Mothers stay in hospital"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

My mum was admitted to ward 9 at Hairmyres Hospital after she had a heart attack & fell & broke her hip. She also has short term memory problems due to a previous stroke & she needed a lot of help & patience.

My family wish to commend the staff of ward 9 for the care afforded our mother. She was treated with great kindness, caring & understanding. Indeed, the care she received is unparalleled in my experience. The manager of this ward should take great pride in her staff, such a caring philosophy can only come from the top, otherwise it would not thrive. Many many thanks to you all.

Response from Anne Leitch, Senior Nurse, Medicine, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Morticia

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this extremely positive feedback. I am delighted that your family found all the ward 9 staff kind, caring and understanding.

This must have been a very anxious time for your family and I am glad your experience of ward 9 was the high standard that we aim to achieve with all our patients. The team work very hard to ensure patient care is safe and person centred.

I have already spoken to SCN McMillan and her team to bring your lovely comments to their attention and they are absolutely delighted that you took the time to post this feedback.

I sincerely hope that your mum is recovering well and I wish you and your family the very best on behalf of all of the team at Hairmyres Hospital.

Kind Regards