"Massive lack of doctors"

About: East Surrey Hospital

We arrived to have our baby and the midwives are amazing my only grievance is a massive lack of doctors availiable the poor staff on the ward are run ragged. We kept getting told that they where very busy and there are not enough doctors. An absolute disgrace. I will say that the place is over worked from the lack of other hospitals around it clearly struggles to cope with the amount of people coming in we where kept in a cold dingy treatment room for 4 hours whilst waiting for a bed on the Burstow ward bit it comes to us leaving and we cant go any where becuase of the lack of doctors. I mean its a bit obvious that if you have a lack of beds get enough doctors in to move people that dont need the beds out. The midwives and other staff are fantastic.

Response from Bill Kilvington, Assistant Director for Women and Children's, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

I am sorry that you experienced the delays that you did. You are quite right that earlier in the week we were experiencing a significant shortage of doctors, although this was mainly due to high levels of sickness and as such was not easily forseen.

As well as my apology for the delays you experienced, please accept my very best wishes to you and your family

Bill Kilvington