"Our visit was an educational one; helpful and logical"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Mental Health Services for Older People – Community (County)

Our visit recently was really an educational one; Sarah explained how the brain works with different stages of dementia, how the eyes work and what parts of the brain dysfunctions. The main part of this meeting was feeding and how and what cups/beakers to use, we as a family found this very helpful, and most of all logical.

All the Sycamore's nursing home nurses were present at all times, which was very reassuring for myself and my daughter. My wife was fed by our daughter in the normal manner, speed and amount to what she is used to. Sarah was pleased with how my wife was fed. We as a family are happy with this assessment.

Thank you.

Response from Sara Dibben, Head of Service for Adult Speech and Language Therapy, Health Partnerships, Nottinghamshire Healthcare Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for your comment; it is lovely to know that our staff are having a positive impact on the lives service users, and their families. Sarah is an experienced and dedicated member of our team and she will be pleased to know that her input has been helpful.

Kind Regards