"foot surgery in Day Surgery unit"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I recently had surgery on my foot in the Day surgery unit [within a month of first seeing the surgeon]. It was my first experience of being a patient in any hospital and therefore my first experience of surgery and general anaesthetic etc. Everyone was so friendly, polite, professional and considerate that I was so at ease. I can not fault the care I received. I have since returned to have my stitches removed and again received the same level of care.

In addition, every appointment has been ahead of time-very efficient. Thank you to everyone and I mean everyone, I have met in fracture clinic and Day Surgery unit.

Response from Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Angela Jones

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words with us. We are so glad that you had such a positive experience within the Day Surgery Department and Fracture Clinic. Please be assured that I will share your comments with the team involved who will pleased to receive such positive feedback.

Kind regards.