"Excellent service"

About: Ipswich Hospital / Rheumatology

My consultant rheumatologist is unfortunately ill, so I had to have a rearranged appointment only 3 days later. She was still unwell so I was seen by a delightful locum. He was thorough, personable and made me feel completely confident in his care and knowledge, taking time to go through my history and current symptoms.

Many thanks for a great service today!

Response from Steve Bruce, Patient Experience Manager, The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback; it is always great to hear when a patient has experienced care exceeding their expectations, I hope your appointment being postponed for a few days did not cause you any issues. I will pass your kind words onto the rheumatology department. Once again many thanks for leaving your comments.

• northstandgirlie thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by northstandgirlie (the patient)

Thanks for the feedback from the Patient Experience Team.

Unfortunately as I work down at Queen's Hospital myself, I had to have a day off work for my appointment on Monday, but as a member of the NHS, I also realise we are human and get ill too! A lay in and a pile of ironing was my alternative day to a visit to rheumatology so no harm done and my boss was understanding of my need for a few more hours off yesterday. Speedy recovery to Dr Wirakoon and thanks again!