"Caring and helpful"

I have been attending Haleacre for various appointments and have nothing but praise for those I've encountered. They have been helpful and open regarding my care. The doctor openly discussed medication and listened to my concerns regarding nasty side effects. Working together, we kept trying different ones until a better one was found. This personable care was important for me.

It's unfortunate that there is quite a wait for further help (I started attending in August 2015 and I'm only just at the start of joining a group for either support due to extensive waiting lists). However, the staff were honest about this and I've had support in the meantime.

One thing that could be worth considering though, is the possibility of community workers having work phones to make it easier to contact. Phone tennis becomes quite amusing/ irritating after a while.

Response from Sarah Woods, PALS officer, Complaints & PALS Team, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback with regards to your experience of staff at the Haleacre Unit and I am pleased to read how staff are working with you regarding your medication and how helpful you find the staff.

I am sorry to read of your frustration with regards to your struggle to get through to staff via telephone and would be happy to discuss this in more detail if you wish to do so by calling PALS on 0800 328 7971.

I will share your feedback with the relevant manager for the service to make them aware of this matter and your positive feedback.