"Well-coordinated system - kind, friendly nurses"

About: University College Hospital

In UCH's endoscopy unit last Sunday for a colonoscopy.

Inevitably not a pleasant process and for me it was very painful, but the experience was made much easier because of the friendliness, efficiency and competence of the sequence of four nurses who looked after me. They and several others appeared to be specially contracted to run this department for the day but I couldn't have faulted their care.

The only person who appeared irritable and not very empathetic was the actual doctor who performed the procedure, but the support and kindness of all the nurses helped to compensate for this – I am most grateful to them.

A large number of patients were apparently going smoothly through this system at the same time.

It was good to find the hospital's excellent modern facilities were being thus well used at a weekend, which seems to have reduced the time I had had to wait for my appointment.

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received during your recent visit to Endoscopy and we will feed this back to the team.