"Everyone was fabulous, friendly and approachable."

About: Hairmyres Hospital / General Medicine

having spent the last few days in ward 3, I can gladly say it was a pleasant experience even though I was going through a difficult time myself. Everyone from the cleaners to the students to the nurses were all fabulous and very friendly and approachable. I believe one nurse in particular made the whole experience better was Gillian (sorry don't know her second name she has blonde hair) she was vey caring and compassionate and made me feel a lot better even when I was panicking or needed someone to rant to. She is a credit to the full ward and she deserves a special mention.

Thank you Gillian you are the way every nurse should be.

Response from Lise Axford, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Ollie07

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at such a difficult time. I am delighted to hear that all staff were friendly and approachable. I will ensure your comments are shared with the whole team as it is important that we learn from patient feedback.

I will discuss your specific comments with Gillian. She will be pleased to hear that you felt she made a difference to your stay. I really appreciate you sharing your kind comments.

I hope you are making a good recovery.