"Prescott ward"

About: Cheltenham General Hospital

On the 27th June 2016 l went in for a hysterectomy the surgery went well l came back to Prescott ward the day time staff were great very caring and helpful the night staff that was another matter there were only 2 staff on l am sure that was the problem the pain was so bad l rang for help a nurse answered but did not return 3 quarters of an hour l pressed again a lovely nurse came and returned pronto . The next night l asked a nurse if they could help me go to the loo and they laughed and said it's only there l had not been on my own since my op not a very nice. the 3rd night after my meal l started being terrible sick 4 times as you can imagine very painful after a hysterectomy it was resolved after the other patients helped by telling the staff to help me. l had to wait again for half an hour to have a canULA fitted l was such a nuisance to them l can honestly say day time staff were good but others need caring introduced.

Response from Cheltenham General Hospital

Hi there,

Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. We would like to look into the issues you've raised further. Would you be happy to get in touch with our patient liaison (PALS) team so they can take a few more details please? You can call them on 0800 019 3282 (Free phone) or email pals.gloucestershirehospitals@glos.nhs.uk.

Many thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Best wishes