"lengthy waiting times for therapy"

The waiting times for psychological input is months even when this is the recommended source of treatment. It often takes weeks for reports and letters to be sent to G.Ps and patients resulting in poor information sharing. My G.P. often has out of date information because letters are not sent in a timely fashion. There appears to be no cohesion in collating and sharing information, for example, I shared information with various professionals only to find that when copies of this is sent to the G.P. half the information is missing and there are errors. There does not appear to be one format where all my information is held. Mental health care is appalling. If I had a physical health condition or a learning disability I would be given much better help.

Response from Simon Street, Complaints and PALS manager, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

We are very sorry to hear about your difficult experiences. Please would you get in touch and discuss the specific issues with your lead practitioner and/or service manager Aleks Bogdanovic on 01424.726553, at Cavendish House.

We strive to improve our delivery and would welcome an opportunity to put things right.

In general, at any point in time, local community mental health services support 2500 Hastings and Rother residents (and their families) and we aim for safe and effective therapeutic care at each of our interactions.

Whilst the waiting lists for specific therapies is our reality, we do provide regular – often weekly - contact for clients on our caseload and we use a single shared clinical system, with prompt feedback to GP's.

Hence, your experience is really regrettable and, we believe, not widely shared.