"Mole changed shape told would not be removed on..."

About: Leighton Hospital

Arrived on time for appointment, there was a small wait but nothing too serious.

The Nurse was lovely however the Consultant seemed very dismissive, I understand health professionals are very busy but they gave the impression I was wasting their time. Mole changed shape and became itchy when I was pregnant so was referred by GP, within about 3 minutes Consultant had a quick look at mole, said it was normal for things to change shape in pregnancy, advised it was growing normally and if I wanted it removed would have to go private as it was cosmetic and sent me on my way.

Not a very positive experience and concerned as had mole since childhood with no changes until recently.

Response from Leighton Hospital

I would like to apologise for your recent experience in our Dermatology clinic. On this occasion we have fallen short of the standard we would expect.

If you feel that there has been a further change with your mole I would advise you to go back to your GP in the first instance.

I would like to again apologies for your experience and thank you for raising your concerns with us.

Regards