"No dignity or duty or care"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

Extremely dissatisfied with the level of care shown to my elderly mother-in-law, left in soiled clothing and bedding despite requesting help to get to the toilet for a full 20 minutes. My mother-in-law is unable to walk independently. Patient buzzer out of arms length.

She is so demolished with her personal hygiene she is trying to refuse to see family members while in this state, telling us to go home and not to come back to visit her whilst in hospital because she is deeply embarrassed .

There is a very poor level of duty of care and personal hygiene at this hospital.

This is wholly unacceptable and distressing for all parties. Surely there is a better, more dignified care pathway for the dying.........!

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

I am so sorry to hear of your experience and the standard of care that has been provided to your mother-in law.

I would be grateful if you would contact me on 0161 291 4353 to discuss your concerns so that we can look into the issues you have raised in depth and try and resolve them for you.

Patient and Customer Services Manager